What is the difference between Image and Video Capture, and when to use?
Image Capture captures a pose from any given frame of a video.
Video Capture captures all the poses per frame from a given start to end time of a video.
Pros of Image Capture
- Much faster (about 1 second). Applies the pose to your chosen character rig directly
- Captures fingers
- More control, less cleaning. Especially useful for keyframe animators and pose-to-pose animation
- Can focus on a human in a given frame (using the bounding box feature), which is useful for image sources with multiple humans
Pros of Video Capture
- Easier and faster to create animations than doing pose-to-pose, even with the help of Image Capture
- Gets the timing of the animation relatively well, though there may be quite a few errors/artifacts and cleaning would be required.
- Output is an animation clip, which can be applied to any retargeted character.